FourthFloorMarketing.com is a blog covering various aspects of the internet marketing industry including SEO, SEM, PPC, social media, blogging tips, and affiliate marketing.
When he was a freshman in college he wanted to start his own business that had low startup costs and extremely flexible hours and eventually came up with the idea of developing & managing websites.
He later started Fourth Floor Marketing as a way to teach others how they can start their own internet based business. This vision has evolved towards having discussions with other professionals on how to maintain and grow organic traffic through search engine optimization and social media.
While his formal education was in computer science, his passion has always been marketing. He loves following trends in technology, marketing, business, and politics – digital marketing has proven to be a great way to combine these interests. In his free time he enjoys reading, fishing, camping, playing old video games (Diablo2, Super Smash Bros, Counter-Strike 1.6), and exploring NYC.
Things to Do:
- Subscribe to our RSS feed (using an RSS reader or through email via Feedburner)
- Follow Jim on Twitter
- Write a guest post for Fourth Floor Marketing
- Contact us with your feedback and suggestions!
There are many good books out there on marketing, consumer behavior, social media, SEO, etc. – the problem is that there are even more horrible books on these topics than good ones.
On Jim’s Bookshelf Currently:
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner
- What The Dog Saw: and Other Adventures by Malcolm Gladwell
- Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferris
- Twitterville by Shel Israel
- The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself by John Jantsch
- Inbound Marketing by Brian Halligan & Darmesh Shah