One of the horrible habits I have established since early on in my marketing career is that I quickly move from one project to the next, and left by the waist side is typically design.
I have begun a new project in which I will review a large amount of “digital products” such as those sold via ClickBank. Since I intend to go through hundreds of different products, I might as well make my time count in the long run by optimizing my site upfront. Even the slightest error I am going through and correcting, whether it be a slight malformation in URL’s or one of the many Joomla! plugins that I have installed. So far my first experience with Joomla has been very positive, while it is somewhat self explanatory once you add in a bunch of components then your .htaccess file as well as many PHP files become incompatible so it takes patience.
Thankfully I have jumped over most of the hurdles, and I consider the design portion to be almost complete (I am still searching for a better template for the site), but all the behind the scenes work for optimizing load times and intrasite linking for SEO has been done.
I am looking forward to see how this works out, as I will essentially be targeting a list of 3000 long tail keywords I have spent the past days researching.
Once again I am sorry that I don’t post as often as I should, I am working full time on top of marketing during the Winter break from school so it kills the majority of my free time. If you would like to check out my site conceptually at least (since it has no content), it is http://www.productscamreviews.com
Happy Holidays everyone!!